Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sweet Dreams Are Made Of These..

They say that the eyes are the window into the soul.

But what if you can't see into someones eyes?

Where can you begin to understand how a person is truly feeling? What sort of experiences they've lived through? Their heartbreak? Joy? What is left to see who that person truly is?

Words.

While this may not be the beginning of my written journey, it is a window being opened to release the musty air in exchange for mental vitality that has been withering over the years, though still remaining strong.


You cannot be seen if you are not heard.


For those of you that know me, you know that I have always had a strong passion for communication. Whether it is literal or metaphorical, verbal or physical, it is how we all coexist together. But when that communication gets lost in translation, it changes the whole outlook of that original message. Growing up, fearing for my life and sanity, the pen and paper became my best friends. Poetry and song have been the only way I have truly been able to release my thoughts and memories.

This is one of the reasons I became part of one of the most important things in my life, my band, Nocturnal Divinity. Though they are not just a band, they are my family. Together, we have been able to create beautiful music with all of our emotions combined into one. In 5 years, we have shared many laughs, tears, anger and frustration, but it did not come without a good cause. We have been able to share with the world (or at least those closest to us) the deepest parts of our souls without having to say a single word.

Without them, I would not be the person I am today, but I cannot truthfully give them the full credit. There are many others that made me who I am. My parents, my sister, friends both retained and lost, but most importantly, the loves of my life, my boyfriend and my daughter. But that is a whole other story..

No comments:

Post a Comment